Looking for a suitable CMS development platform to build your business website?
Today, most of the businesses are looking for Dynamic websites and CMS platforms like Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress are the best options to build such websites. But, how to decide which platform will be the most suited one for your business?
The right CMS can get you to the top! How? Well, it will be helpful in optimising navigation, website workflow along with website content. A reliable CMS is the only option that can maximise your web application’s or site’s potential.
Now, if you go by the recent market trends, undoubtedly, Joomla and Drupal will get most of the votes. On the other hand, WordPress has the power of over 60.1% CMS-based websites in 2019. In respect of this market share aspect, Joomla and Drupal are far behind WordPress with 5.3% and 3.5% market share respectively.
Now, your decision becomes the most vital thing regarding choosing the best option to build your business website. Obviously, each platform comes with a separate feature-list and offers its own set of benefits. Now, which features and benefits are important to your business that depends on the business requirements.
The comparative analysis here among these top-rated CMS frameworks will help you to take the right decision.
But, before digging into the comparative analysis, let’s find out the similarities between all these popular CMS platforms i.e. WordPress, Drupal and Joomla.
Similarities between Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress
- Open source software
- Available for free under the license of GPL
- Joomla, Drupal and WordPress – all three are based on MySQL and PHP
- All three platforms use different templates and themes for website designing. Extensions, plugins, and different modules are used to make the websites feature-rich and to enhance the website functionalities.
- All three platforms are backed by huge community support that consists of worldwide experienced and professional developers, trainers, designers, volunteers along with the users. The main objective of this community is to make the platform better by organising events, sharing knowledge, solving various issues, supporting users and many more.
The comparative study between WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal
Frequently, WordPress is the best choice for beginners because of it’s ease-of-use. If you own an SME, choosing this CMS platform for building your business’s website will be a good idea. WordPress is a good choice for building smaller eCommerce stores as well.
Here’s a quick view to top WordPress-built website categories.
Image Source: www.similartech.com
The biggest USP of WordPress is that without having any sheer technical expertise in PHP or HTML, you can effortlessly work with this CMS.
If you are looking for direct reasons to opt for WordPress, here you go!
- It has plenty of themes and plugins available for customisation
- Third-party developers and designers can easily create inexpensive or free WordPress tools
Easy to install
- Most of the web hosting companies offer automated installs for WordPress
- In less than 5 minutes, the websites can be up and run
- Experiencing issues or having any question regarding WordPress development? The free WordPress support forum with millions of contributors will help you out.
The latest market research has shown that each month, more than 409 million people view over 22.7 billion WordPress pages and the users create almost 64.3 million new WordPress posts.
WordPress 5.0 is also in the market now. So, it is expected that with the new version, WordPress is about to bring huge changes in all the statistics!
Some of the most popular WordPress-built websites are
In terms of market share, Joomla is strongly holding its position just after WordPress.
If you are looking for CMS options to build a social networking site or an eCommerce website, Joomla will be a great choice if you have certain technical knowledge and skills on PHP and HTML.
Here’s a quick view to top Joomla-built website categories.
Image Source: www.similartech.com
Some straight reasons to opt for Joomla are
- Joomla makes setting up an online store painless and quick
- Though it is not as simple as WordPress, still quite easier than handling Drupal
- It offers a help portal to ask questions and receive technical support
- It is an easily maintainable platform, which allows perfect control over content management
Installing Drupal is possible with just a simple click!
Next, you need to set up the website with information of tagline, email address and site name. The dashboard is clean and very simple looking and has a minimal layout.
As of May 2018, Drupal has over one million sites and it is projected to grow more! With 1.960,074 total sites live and built with Drupal, the growth rate of its usage since 2011 has been remarkable.
Here’s a quick view to top Drupal-built website categories.
Image Source: www.similartech.com
With Drupal 8, things have got even better, with nearly 50% increase in the number of websites in a year.
Image Source: twitter.com
Here is a clear answer to why Drupal.
- It is a CMS that never runs out of the trend
- Drupal solutions cover a wide range of industries
- Highly scalable
- Powered by an open source community
- Easy content authoring
So, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal – which one to opt for?
In short, WordPress is beginner-friendly and you can get started with it quickly. Even without any knowledge of coding, you can come up with a feature-rich and functional site that is suitable for large amounts of traffic.
Also, it is secure, highly customisable, mobile-friendly, and SEO-friendly, easy to localise and collaborate.
If you are looking for something in between the user-friendliness and out of the box solution, opt for Joomla. Even though it has a bit steeper learning curve, the immense popularity of this CMS framework says all on its behalf.
Finally, if you are looking for experts to build huge websites for your business with unlimited customisations and extensive out-of-the-box features, hire best Drupal developers. This platform is not at all suitable for beginners.
See, not every business is different from others and has a different set of requirements. To choose the most suitable content management system for your website, you need to consider the following aspects like
Every CMSs mentioned above has all these qualities with so many other features. Once you analyse your business, you will understand what type of CMS requirements you need and accordingly you can choose the most feasible one.
If you are still struggling to make up your mind, get in touch with the best PHP developers in Sydney at PHPProgrammers. This team has years of working experience in the field of CMS development in Australia and delivering best in class business solutions to industry-specific diverse businesses.